Food Intolerance EvaluationsUsing a traditional naturopathic technique to cut through the confusion & find the foods that are keeping you from feeling your best.
NOW OFFERING EVALUATIONS INDEPENDENT OF APPOINTMENTS! Available in-clinic or request a kit by mail.
If your gut is off, you’re going to feel off.
Digestive health is crucial to our overall wellbeing and Dr. Liz offers personalized food intolerance evaluations to get to the bottom what’s keeping you from feeling your best.
She uses a traditional naturopathic diagnostic technique to cut through the confusion and find the foods that are holding up your healing process.
Her goal is twofold: to help you remove irritating foods AND to support you in adding foods back into your diet that weren’t the root cause of your issues.
Dr. Liz is sensitive to disordered eating patterns like bingeing, restricting, bulimia, body dysmorphia, and more as she struggled with several of these concerns for over a decade.
She is a proponent of HAES (health at every size) and does not focus on weight loss. She uses an intuitive eating approach when dealing with medical food issues.
How do I start?
You can come into the clinic for sample collection or request a self-collection kit by mail. You may purchase multiple kits and evaluations are also now available for your pets!
How do I get my results?
You’ll receive your results via email after you sample has been analyzed. Dr. Liz provides:
- A quick overview of your results to help you get the big picture
- Detailed explanations of your food intolerances in convenient downloadable PDFs
- Helpful videos that focus on navigating and implementing your intolerances
Your results can sometimes be a lot to process. Dr. Liz personally struggled with multiple eating disorders so she’s sensitive to the overwhelm, guilt, and shame that can come with diet changes. She includes guidance on how to navigate medical food restrictions from an emotional perspective using intuitive eating principles.
If you’d like to review your results one on one with her, she offers 30min online consults for $75. Please note that the online consult is not a full medical appointment and is limited to reviewing your results only.
Choose the option that works best for you below to get started:
How would I feel “off” if I have a gut issue?
Foods that irritate your gut lining can lead to leaky gut. This happens when partially digested particles from your food leak across your gut membrane because it’s swollen and inflamed. As a result these rogue particles enter your bloodstream and can be distributed throughout the body and land in any type of tissue, causing inflammation. Gut issues don’t always stay in the gut!
Health concerns from leaky gut:
- Autoimmune issues diseases like Hashimoto’s, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriasis
- Muscle aches/fibromyalgia, headaches, and migraines
- Irritability and mood changes like anxiety or depression
- Skin issues like eczema and chronic hives
- Hormonal imbalances like PMS, heavy or painful periods, and endometriosis
- Seasonal allergies, asthma, chronic sinus infections, ear infections, and post nasal drip
- Heartburn, gas and bloating, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease
- Mood issues like anxiety and depression
By removing irritants from your diet you’ll lower your inflammation levels, significantly improve your ability to digest and absorb nutrients from your food, and start to resolve long standing chronic health issues.
Is this the same as a food sensitivity test?
No. The method Dr. Liz uses is based on food intolerances and is distinctly different from food sensitivity testing. Dr. Liz ran food sensitivity tests for 6 years in her practice with mixed results for her patients. She has found that evaluating food intolerances is much more accurate, focused, and effective.
Benefits of a food intolerance evaluation over a food sensitivity test:
- No repeat evaluations – food intolerance results do not change over time so you will not need to be reevaluated. Food sensitivity results do change based on what you’re eating and need to be repeated.
- Getting to the root issue – food intolerances are the root of gut irritation issues. Addressing them often improves or even resolves food sensitivities as your immune system quiets down and your gut heals up. Clinically, Dr. Liz has seen many cases of difficult, chronic health concerns improve and resolve when food intolerances are addressed, even after food sensitivities were addressed for many years.
- A focused treatment plan – people generally have 1-2 main or primary intolerances and 1 combination of 2 foods that they are intolerant to. Food sensitivity tests often report 10-20 foods to avoid which can be very overwhelming, frustrating, and you have no context for the root food you’re having issues with. Food intolerances are more focused, reliable, and easier to execute in your life.
How much does the evaluation cost?
The evaluation is $160.
How long does it take to get results?
Once your sample is received, Dr. Liz strives to get your comprehensive results to you in a week or less, pending vacations or time off.
What's included in my results?
You’ll receive your results via email. Dr. Liz provides a quick overview of your results plus videos and handouts with in-depth information that will help you navigate your new food plan and implement changes quickly. Results can sometimes be a lot to process. Dr. Liz personally struggled with multiple eating disorders so she’s sensitive to the overwhelm, guilt, and shame that can come with diet changes. She includes guidance on how to navigate medical food restrictions from an emotional perspective using intuitive eating principles. If you’d like to review your results one on one with her, she offers 30min online consults for $75. Please note that the online consult is not a full medical appointment and is limited to reviewing your results only.
I'm not local to West Seattle. Can I still do the evaluation?
Yes! Dr. Liz would be happy to mail you a self-collection kit. You can request a kit by mail here »
If you wish to also review your results one-on-one with Dr. Liz, you’ll be able to schedule a virtual appointment once your results are ready.
Can you do an evaluation for my pet?
Yes! Dr. Liz has had great success working with animals and food intolerances.
Does this test for gluten intolerance or lactose intolerance?
The evaluation looks at whole foods only, so it does not directly test for gluten or lactose. The evaluation does include a grains category with wheat and a dairy category.
What Patients Say:
“Dr. Liz has improved my quality of life beyond measure. I don’t want to get too hyperbolic or effusive, so I’ll just say that she’s amazing.
She immediately had ideas and an attack plan, which is something previous doctors couldn’t seem to do. She listened. She empathized in a productive manner. She helped my body heal itself.
I’ve been struggling to get my digestive issues under control for years, and Dr. Liz’s help has proven invaluable.
Cannot recommend her enough!”
– Christine M., Seattle, WA
Dr. Liz is by far the best doctor I’ve ever seen. She is a phenomenal acupuncturist, ND, and all around holistic health expert.
I’ve seen my health transform under her care and it has changed the way I look at food as medicine and supplementation as key components of health.
Also, highly recommended if you suspect you have food intolerances and are dealing with issues potentially related to that.”
“Every patient carries her or his own doctor inside.”