What to Expect“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” - Voltaire
Let’s make your visit comfortable, convenient, and empowering.
It’s my top priority to create a deep and lasting therapeutic relationship with my patients. You can’t begin to transform your health or your life without feeling safe, heard, and supported.
I strongly believe that learning about your body and how it’s speaking to you through the symptoms it creates is paramount to your healing process. Educating my patients and guiding them through the process of listening to and trusting their body is some of my very favorite work.
I practice vitalistic naturopathic medicine which means that I minimize supplement and lab recommendations in order to stay focused on the core issues rather than chasing numbers and substituting herbs for drugs. This also helps me to keep visit costs affordable.
My core services include integrative acupuncture (both 5 element and TCM), naturopathic medicine, craniosacral therapy, visceral manipulation, and counseling. I have found that an integrated approach with these modalities creates quicker and longer lasting results for my patients. Bonus: you get a ton of bang for your buck! Yay!
I have a special interest in gut health and typically do food intolerance evaluations for all of my patients to help optimize what they’re eating. I am sensitive to disordered eating issues like bingeing, restricting, bulimia, body dysmorphia, and more as I struggled with several of these concerns for over a decade.
I am not a primary care provider in that I don’t perform general physicals, pelvic exams, or manage medications. I do not prescribe hormones. I am happy to run labs and consult with other providers if needed.
Nuts and Bolts
- 90 minute appointments so we have plenty of time to address your concerns and answer your questions (30min follow ups available for established patients)
- A personalized treatment plan summarizing all of the awesome stuff we talk about so you can start shifting your health in a positive direction
- Individualized care adapted to your specific health needs at that time
- Integrated services whenever possible (naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, and craniosacral therapy)
- Plenty of compassion, unconditional positive regard, and laughter
My favorite conditions to treat are:
- Energy + fatigue issues
- Trauma, emotional stress, anxiety, and depression
- Allergies, chronic sinusitis, asthma, eczema, and psoriasis
- Autoimmune disorders like Hashimoto’s, RA, lupus, and more
- Chronic pain issues like fibromyalgia, arthritis, and chronic injuries
- Hormonal issues including PMS, menopause, irregular cycles, endometriosis, PCOS, and infertility
- Digestive issues including acid reflux, hiatal hernia, gas and bloating, inflammatory and irritable bowel conditions, food reactivity issues
- Headaches + migraines
- Sleep problems
- Thyroid issues
“Every patient carries her or his own doctor inside.”