What to Expect“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” - Voltaire
So you’re going to a doctor’s office…
You know, the usual song and dance routine of sitting in a waiting room reading bad magazines, moving into another room to continue waiting but this time in a paper gown while you freeze, spending 5 minutes with your doctor, getting a prescription, then you’re out the door, 2 hours later than you expected.
WHOA. Hold up.
How is this considered healthcare?
I don’t believe it is healthcare, or a reasonable way to spend your day. Here’s how visits with me look:
- 90 minute appointments so you get plenty of time to relax on a comfy table and let the stress of the day melt away, which, in all seriousness, is a big and very important part of the therapy
- NO paper gowns — can I get a hooray?
- On time appointments — your time is valuable!
- A personalized treatment plan summarizing all of the awesome stuff we talked about for you to start shifting your health in a positive direction
- Individualized care depending on your health needs at that time — I promise you’ll never feel like a faceless number at the DMV
- Integrated services — one appointment, one price*
- Plenty of compassion, unconditional positive regard, and laughter
It’s my top priority to create a deep and lasting therapeutic relationship with my patients. You can’t begin to transform your health or your life without feeling safe, heard, and supported.
All visits with me involve a combination of my core services, which are acupuncture, naturopathic medicine, craniosacral therapy, and counseling. I have found that an integrative approach with these modalities creates quicker and longer lasting results for my patients. Bonus: you get a ton of bang for your buck! Yay!
I also have a strong focus on gut health and typically do dietary evaluations for all of my patients to help optimize what they’re eating.
A special note about the style of acupuncture I practice (since I really, really loooove acupuncture): not all acupuncture is the same. I integrate 2 styles; TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), which is the most common, and 5 Element Acupuncture, which is less common but much more impactful based on my clinical experience. I have found that having both styles in my toolbox serves my patients extremely well and allows them to make meaningful, lasting progress toward their health goals. Read more about the 2 systems of acupuncture on my acupuncture page or this blog post. If you’re concerned about getting acupuncture, read this helpful FYI on how it usually happens.
I am not a primary care provider in that I don’t perform general physicals, pelvic exams, or manage medications. I am happy to run labs and consult with other providers if needed.
Please note that I have a scent free office. Please do not wear perfume, scented hair products or body lotions/products. I try to keep the office as scent free as possible for those with sensitivities, myself included.
My favorite conditions to treat are:
- Chronic stress, anxiety, or depression
- Adrenal issues
- Autoimmune disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Emotional issues
- Endocrine disorders
- Fertility problems
- Digestive issues
- Sleep problems
- Thyroid issues
*the only exceptions are the dietary evaluation and trigger point injection therapy, which can be added to your visit for an additional cost.
“Every patient carries her or his own doctor inside.”